Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network want to make it easier for you to care for your patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. We also want to encourage our members to continue to seek care with you during this crisis and we want to make them feel safe while doing so. To this end, effective immediately, we are:
• Extending the waiving of member cost-sharing on select telehealth services through at least June 30
• Expanding no cost telehealth services to now include common behavioral health therapy for members with our behavioral health benefits
• Clarifying the specific telehealth services that have no member cost sharing
• Announcing that ALL Blue Cross and BCN members – including all self-funded groups – now have coverage for telemedicine services (those offered by our network providers); most, but not all members also have access to Blue Cross Online Visits’ (operated by Amwell)
The expanded list of no cost telehealth services for members includes the most common medical office visits and hospitalization follow-up visits as well as common behavioral health therapy. To make this easier for our providers, we’ve published a list of codes that have no member cost sharing through June 30, 2020.
These changes apply to:
• Blue Cross PPO (commercial)
• BCN HMOSM (commercial)
• Medicare Plus BlueSM PPO
• BCN AdvantageSM
Telehealth services that are covered under the Blue Cross and BCN Telemedicine Services Medical Policy that are not listed in the attached list of codes, are still covered but will require standard member cost sharing. A copy of our Telemedicine Services Medical Policy and our telehealth guides are available on our Coronavirus (COVID-19) information updates for providers webpage. You can find this webpage within BCBSM Newsletters and Resources and BCN Provider Publications and Resources. While the information within our secure provider website is more comprehensive, information is also available on our public website at bcbsm.com/coronavirus. Click on For Providers.