Do you believe in people’s capacity to grow and change? Do you notice children’s ability to be resilient in difficult circumstances, particularly with just the right tools and support? If so, then you may want to consider working as a therapist for Listening Ear Crisis Center.
Listening Ear is looking for a full-time, detailed, dependable, and motivated therapist who wants to make a difference in the lives of sexually abused children and their families.
Listening Ear Crisis Center is a private nonprofit, human service agency based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. The organization is licensed by the State of Michigan and is nationally accredited by Council on Accreditation.
Daily job performance responsibilities:
· Conduct assessments and develop person-centered treatment plans to address needs, including but not limited to: emotional, social, cultural/spiritual, and physical needs, safety skills training, recovery after trauma, and parent/guardian support.
· Provide counseling to children and their parents/guardians and/or families, using evidenced-based practices and child-friendly strategies (such as play therapy).
· Provide clinical supervision and case management for Runaway and Homeless Youth Program and Transitional Living Program.
· Provide information and referrals when appropriate, testify in court as required, and advocate for the clients and their families.
· Assure that case activity meets contract requirements and accreditation standards.
· Maintain multidisciplinary relationships within the community (service area includes Isabella and Clare counties).
· Maintain a Trauma informed committee for the agency.
· Complete required case documentation, monthly reports, and communicate with billing department as needed.
**This is a full-time position for 40 hours per week.
Master’s degree in a human service field required.
Licensure in the State of Michigan
Training or certification in TF-CBT (preferred)
· Experience with youth and families (preferred).
· Must be in such physical and mental health so as not to negatively affect either the health of the consumer or the quality of his or her care.
· Three good character and work references submitted during the hiring process.
· Must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
· Must pass required background and/or Protective Services checks per state guidelines.
· Must pass all necessary training required by the State, any governmental agency, or the employer, and any and all tests must be successfully completed. Successful completion of training regarding: Human Trafficking and Suicide Awareness.
· Must demonstrate the ability to respond appropriately to the cultural and socioeconomic differences present among the population serviced.
· Must demonstrate the ability to develop a mutually respectful partnership with the persons served, as well as with their families, so they are helped to gain skills and confidence to address any issues and problems they face.
· Must have a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
· Must have the ability to work in partnership with other team members.
· Must have the ability to set limits, maintain the role of the position, and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of the persons served and/or other family members.
Job Type: Full-time; Salary: $19.23 to $24.00 /hour
Emma Reed, Assistant to the Executive Director; Please email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Listening Ear Crisis Center, 107 E Illinois – PO Box 800, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804; (989) 773-6904 ext 3249