Job Title: Evaluator
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Hillsdale, MI, US
Pension. Fantastic Benefits, 1st of the month following hire. Competitive Pay. PTO after 45 days. 12 paid Holidays, Free Supervision towards professional licensure. + more.
The Evaluator position, working with the Supervisor, Access Services provides culturally competent and trauma informed services to all consumers seeking access to behavioral health services through LifeWays. This person utilizes established criteria and clinical skill to evaluate individuals for community mental health eligibility and service needs, to provide appropriate interventions to individuals presenting in crisis. The Evaluator incorporates LifeWays’ mission, vision and values into the decision-making process.
1. Welcomes all individuals by demonstrating empathy, and provides opportunity for the person presenting to describe their situation, problems and functioning difficulties. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and working with all individuals in a non-judgmental way.
2. Screens individuals who approach the access system to determine whether they are in crisis and, if so, assures they receive timely and appropriate attention.
3. Determines an individual’s eligibility for Medicaid specialty services and supports, MIChild, Healthy Michigan Plan, Substance Abuse Block Grant (SABG) or for those who do not have any of these benefits as a person whose presenting needs for behavioral health services makes them a priority to be served.
4. Collects information from individuals for decision-making and reporting purposes.
5. Refers individuals in a timely manner to the appropriate health practitioners for assessment, person-centered planning, and/or supports and services; or if the individual is not eligible for Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) or Community Mental Health Program (CMHSP) services, to community resources that may meet their needs.
6. Informs individuals about all the available mental health and substance abuse services and providers and their due process rights under Medicaid, or MIChild, Healthy Michigan Plan, SABG, and the Michigan Mental Health Code.
7. Performs all duties as assigned to ensure the LifeWays Access Department runs efficiently and effectively. Duties include but are not limited to: Triage, Open Access, Rapid Access, REMI screenings, Call Back Que, Waitlist updating, specialty screenings (M-CHAT, SCQ, etc.), testing (ADOS/ADIR), petitions, brief screens, intakes, pre-screens, crisis and safety planning.
8. Performs duties in a variety of settings to include but not limited to: the office, community locations, emergency departments, schools, consumer homes, and jails.
9. Works a non-traditional schedule which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
10. Provides on-call services, as needed or assigned.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Family & Marriage Therapy or Psychology.
Screener I: Master’s degree. Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker (LLMSW), Limited Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC), Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP).
Screener II: Master’s degree. Fully Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Fully Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Fully Licensed Psychologist (LP).
Screener III: Master’s degree. Fully Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Fully Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Fully Licensed Psychologist (LP) and is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) or is a Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC).