Human Trafficking Workshop in Lansing
September 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Workshop: Human Trafficking
September 6, 2019 in Lansing
Ele’s Place, 1145 West Oakland Ave. Lansing, MI 48915
Registration: 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Workshop: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
FREE PARKING! Box Lunch Provided!
What Training is About: In this workshop, Dr. Jeremy Norwood will provide professionals in the counseling, health care, and social work fields substantive training regarding the issue of human trafficking and how it relates to their areas of practice. In response to the rise in the number of cases of human trafficking which have been reported around the State of Michigan, the Michigan legislature has required all counseling professionals to receive training on the topic of human trafficking.
Human Trafficking program participants will:
- Understand the scope and magnitude of human trafficking
- Be able to define human trafficking
- Be aware of the types and venues of human trafficking in Michigan
- Recognize the causes, indicators and potential warning signs for human trafficking
- Be able to identify resources to report potential causes of human trafficking.
Information: James Blundo Executive Director MMHCA – firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is offered for 6 NBCC Hours
Approved Credit: 6 NBCC HOURS
“MMHCA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider,
ACEP No. 2064. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
MMHCA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.”
Approved Credit: 6 MCBAP HOURS
This course is approved by Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals.
Approved Credit: 6 CE SW HOURS
Course approval #011018-02 – If you wish to report a problem
with this training, please contact email@example.com.
IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE YOU MUST CALL THE OFFICE AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE
THE WORKSHOP OR WE CANNOT GUARANTEE ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE. 248-930-0644
- MMHCA and Allied Health Members: $100.00
- Non-Members: $150.00
- MMHCA 1-Year Membership Plus Workshop: $200.00
- Students: $75.00
* No refunds after August 30th