- This event has passed.
Ethical & Legal Issues in Growing a Counseling Practice at WMU in Kalamazoo
March 30 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday, March 30, 2019 in Kalamazoo
Western Michigan University – Fetzer Center, 1903 W. Michigan Ave., Kalamazoo MI 49008
Registration: 9:00 am / Workshop: 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
PARKING FREE! Box Lunch Provided!
(1) Considerations in Being Employed Versus Starting Your Own Practice
(2) Keys to Finding the Right Supervisor
(3) Appreciating the Differences Between a Supervisor Versus a Mentor
(4) Complying with HIPAA Privacy and Security Requirements
(5) Special Considerations with Telehealth Services
(6) Responding to Special Issues–Minors, Subpoenas, and HIPAA Security Measures
(7) Steps to Avoid Professional Licensure Actions
(8) Practicing Within Ethical and Boundary Parameters
What this is About: This workshop is an expanded workshop of “Growing Your Practice with Less Legal Risk” and will include additional information not previously provided. Ms. Donna J. Craig, RN, JD will provide professional counselors with practical guidance on how to address key issues and steps in establishing a counseling practice, complying with regulatory requirements, responding to subpoenas and requests for therapy notes, protecting against professional licensure actions, and complying with HIPAA requirements. Through interaction with workshop attendees, Ms. Craig will provide case studies to illustrate a variety of issues facing professional counselors. Time will be allowed for discussions of particular legal and ethical issues facing workshop participants.
Information: James Blundo Executive Director MMHCA – email@example.com
Approved: 5 NBCC HOURS
“MMHCA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider,
ACEP No. 2064. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
MMHCA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.”
- MMHCA and Allied Health Members: $90.00
- Non-Members: $125.00
- Students: $75.00
* No refunds after March 22, 2019