All Health Professionals Welcome!
Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City, MI To register, contact:
ATTENTION: BEGINNING August 7, 2017 THROUGH September 11, 2017 YOU CAN
REGISTER FOR THE NEXT SUPERVISOR TRAINING PROGRAM which will BEGIN IN
Visit www.TheMentoringInst.com for details.
Why The Mentoring Institute’s Supervision Training Program is the Best Choice
While you might find other supervision training programs that cost less, none is a better
value than The Mentoring Institute’s Supervision Training Program.
When you consider all the extras included in this program, you will find the cost actually less that of other
programs. Designed exclusively for Michigan LPCs who want to supervise LLPCs in Michigan, this program offers benefits not found in any other program.
Here are ten reasons that you should select The Mentoring Institute’s Program:
1. Dr. Donald Amidon and Dr. Sara Sue Schaeffer are Michigan LPCs and are highly
experienced supervisors. Dr. Schaeffer is one of the main authors of Michigan’s
Counselor Licensure Law. She worked for 14 years to insure its passage.
As first Chair of the Michigan Board of Counseling, she holds the first counselor license issued
in the State of Michigan, and oversaw the process for writing the first Rules which still
govern the implementation of the law. She is the expert on Michigan Counselor Licensing Law.
You can count on the information presented being accurate, in-depth, reliable and up-to-date.
2. A copy of Counselor Licensure and Scope of Practice in Michigan: Historical Perspectives and Current Practice (authored by Dr. Schaeffer and Dr. Irene Ametrano, Program Chair of EMU’s Counseling Program and past Vice-Chair of the Michigan Board of Counseling) is included exclusively in this program.
3. Other materials you will receive only in this program include a training DVD entitled Supervision: A Vision for Your Future.
4. This program meets Michigan Board of Counseling requirements for supervisor training counts toward training requirements for the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) credential.
5. 40 NBCC-approved clock hours are awarded for this program.
6. All graduates of The Mentoring Institute’s Supervisor Training Program receive support in establishing their supervision practice as well as the right to use the respected title Mentoring Institute Trained Supervisor (MITS).
7. A free internet listing to help potential supervisees find you. All MITSs will be listed with contact information and a link to their web site on the Mentoring Institute’s website.
8. Free on-going lifetime consultation with trainers (a $120 per hour value).
9. One year free membership in the Michigan Mental Heath Counselors Association (MMHCA)
so that you have the latest information on issues and developments in the counseling profession.
This information is critical for effective supervisors. (A $100 value.)
10. This program is designed to more easily accommodate your busy schedule and budget with home study modules, Saturday training days, breakfast and lunch included for all training days, and most can attend without incurring the extra expense of overnight lodging.
August 7, 2017 to September 11, 2017: Registration
September 11, 2017 to October 28, 2017: Complete two Home Study Modules
November 2, 2017: First Training Day
January 20, 2018: Second Training Day
LOCATION OF TRAINING DAYS: 1534 Woodland Dr.
Portage, MI 49024
Payment plans offered to those who need them. Contact us for details.
GO TO WWW.THEMENTORINGINST.COM
PRINT AND COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM FOR THE 40 HOUR
PROGRAM AND MAIL IT WITH YOUR PAYMENT TO:
THE MENTORING INSTITUTE
1534 WOODLAND DR.
PORTAGE, MI 49024
If you have questions:
Advocate for HR 3032 by contacting your member in the House of Representatives now and attend AMHCA’s 2017 Hill Day
Make your voice heard. Support our bill: HR 3032 which will allow Mental Health Counselors to bill Medicare beneficiaries for treatments provided to seniors. AMHCA offers a suggested template for letters to your Representative.
Attend Hill Day 2017 and advocate for your profession in person!
Register for AMHCA’s Annual Conference
and make the case face-to-face to your members of congress why this is so important. This is a major opportunity to join your professional colleagues on July 27th to meet with your elected officials and strongly advocate for Medicare reimbursement. We will arrange the meetings with your elected officials and prepare all the materials you need to make the case. Don’t let this opportunity slip away.
PRESS RELEASE: June 5, 2017
COUNSELING ORGANIZATIONS PROPOSE PORTABILITY PROCESS TO INCREASE ACCESS TO CARE
WASHINGTON, DC – A groundbreaking collaborative effort of four major professional counseling organizations aimed at improving access to quality mental health care nationwide has resulted in a proposed uniform portability plan called the National Counselor Licensure Endorsement Process.
The four organizations – the American Association of State Counseling Boards (AASCB), the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES), the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) – believe that a uniform licensure endorsement process will:
- Significantly increase public access to qualified care.
- Establish minimum standards for safe practice.
- Reduce administrative burdens for state regulatory boards and licensees.
- Create consistency in licensure standards across state lines.
- Ensure protection of the public and the continued development of the profession.
An overarching goal of the initiative is to move the counseling profession toward unified education standards, exam requirements and years of postgraduate experience. To see the National Counselor Licensure Endorsement Process, please go to http://www.amhca.org/portability2017.